Work with us
The Hanover Police Service is comprised of 14 full-time police officers, 3 part-time police officers and three special constables who provide policing services to the Town of Hanover.
The Town of Hanover is a progressive, business friendly and dynamic community, featuring well-established and appealing opportunities for a healthy, family-centred lifestyle. Hanover is home to outstanding health care services, award winning cultural events, recreation, as well as various elementary and secondary school options. The Town is in close proximity to some of the most beautiful nature and tourism areas in the Province. Located within Grey County in the Southwest region of Ontario, this regional services centre of 8,000 provides commercial and recreational services to approximately 45,000 people throughout the area.
Employment Opportunity – Hanover Police Service
Employment Opportunity – Hanover Police Service
Part-Time Casual Experienced Constable Position
Posting Date: November 9th 2021
The Hanover Police Service is comprised of 15 full-time police officers, 3 part-time police officers and 2 civilian members who provide policing services to the Town of Hanover.
The Town of Hanover is a progressive, business friendly and dynamic community, featuring well-established and appealing opportunities for a healthy family-centered lifestyle. Hanover is home to outstanding health care services, award winning cultural events, recreation, as well as various elementary and secondary school options. The Town is in close proximity to some of the most beautiful nature and tourism areas in the Province. Located within Grey County in the Southwest region of Ontario, this regional service center of 8000 provides commercial and recreational services to over 45,000 persons throughout the area.
- Improve and maintain the safety, security, and quality of life for residents of the Town through the application of proactive community-based and problem-solving policing methods
- Preserve the peace
- Prevent crimes and other offences, and provide assistance and encouragement to other persons in their prevention
- Assist victims of crime
- Apprehend criminals and other offenders and others who may lawfully be taken into custody
- Lay charges and participate in prosecutions
- Execute warrants that are to be executed by police officers and perform related duties
- Perform the lawful duties that the Chief of Police assigns
To be considered for a Part-Time Casual Police Constable position candidates must:
- Have obtained a Basic Constable Training Diploma from the Ontario Police College
- Have a valid Class G Driver’s License, with no more than six accumulated demerit points, permitting you to drive an automobile in Ontario with full driving privileges
- Have a valid Standard First Aid certificate and valid CPR certificate (Basic Rescuer Level C) by the time you receive an offer of employment
- Be physically and mentally able to perform the job, having regard for their own safety and the safety of members of the public, and maintain a good level of physical fitness
- Be of good moral character and habits, meaning that they are an individual other people would look upon as being trustworthy and having integrity
- Have no criminal record for which a pardon has not been received (applicants must obtain a pardon if they have any criminal convictions under a federal statute)
- Any candidate with current or previous Police Service Act charges, convictions or work related suspensions must disclose this information at the initial resume stage
- Pass a security clearance as well as a background investigation, which may include education, employment, personal history, credit, and reference checks, as well as a home visit
- Present proof of current vaccination as a condition of employment
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Special Constable Jaime ASHTON by mail, delivery service or email to jashton(@hanoverps.ca) by Friday, December 3rd, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. Hanover Police Service – 203 10th Street, Town of Hanover, Ontario, Canada, N4N1N8. All email submissions should be sent with the subject line noted as “Experienced Casual (Part-Time) Constable – Contract”.
The Hanover Police Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We thank all applicants for the interest and only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Information is collected solely for the purpose of job selection.
Please note that a candidate for appointment as a police officer shall provide any relevant information or material that is lawfully requested in connection with their application solely for the purpose of job selection under Section 43(2) of the Police Services Act of Ontario.
Christopher R. Knoll
Chief of Police
Hanover Police Service